Friday 27 July 2012

Mountain Lion - Quick Review.

How exciting a new release of the Mac OS.

After a 4 GB download which took me over a day on normal broadband speeds in west wales, the installation started, it lied to me a few times at first it stated there was 30 minutes to go, then eventually 4 minutes, then back up to 30 minutes, I'm not sure if I misread something but overall it defiantly took a good hour.

Now to restart my mac..... well it worked, otherwise I would no doubt of started this post with "Mountain Lion Wrecked My Mac" which it didn't it went nice and smoothly.

Things I like so far.


  • I can now get to the top of my mail quickly by clicking the sort bar
  • The notifications are handy
  • Safari, seems more responses, it used to hang a lot with the timer icon, this seems to of stopped.
  • Performance, its hard to tell it seem similar but I did get a lot of hanging before with lots of applications open, maybe this will improve.
Notifications in action...


Moans
  • It does feel like a service pack that I just had to pay £13.99 for not a new operating system.
  • I seem to have to re-install or update a lot of things, x-code has to be upgraded to the latest version, another 1.5GB download, also x11 needs re-installing.

Overall.

I think it was worth the upgrade and I'm sure I will find some new toys to play with.
Make sure you have plenty of time to download everything and make the installations.


No comments:

Post a Comment